Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Work - it can be a killer on your personal life

I am currently struggling finding a nice balance between work, home, and fun. And as everyone in the rat race knows - there isn't a balance since most people spend over 40+hours a week at work. Add to that total the commuting time and getting ready for work (guys have it so easy) and that is a large chunk of the day. Then running around on the weekends with everyone else in a major city trying to get your errands done as well as head some where cool to catch something fun is always a race.

Currently I have a mountain of work to do before crashing, yet I had to cook dinner and clean up before I could get started on work. I do better if I have more sleep, but I also need to clean up tonight as I didn't do it on the weekend.

For me, every week is something crazy happening in my life. Today - server crash at work. How am I supposed to get the information I need to chat with my clients if the server is down. Plus the temporary fix is even slower than the slow server we have.

I stress out about my job because I fear I will loose it, yet several people are telling me that it is ok if I do not get it all done. The work will be there tomorrow. "If you get all the work done, the boss will just give you more work to do." Uh, isn't that the point (to some degree)?

CRACK - back to work with me.

No comments: