Saturday, February 24, 2007

Another tidbit that I really need to think about

As I have mentioned in the past, I really like reading through blogs and catching up on the lives of people I do not even know. Perhaps I should start blogging about cool, random things in my own life so I can be wrapped up in the here and now of my life rather than the latest news of others. Anyway....

I was reading through a blog and stumbled across something that struck a chord with me. This tidbit came from http://opensourcephoto.blogspot.com/


"He told me a story about how someone could go about defeating a lion. He said all you need is a chair and a whip...because when you hold the chair up and point it towards the lion the lion can't focus on what's attacking it because it sees the four legs of the chair and it gets paralyzed. The lion can't focus and can then be defeated.

Many of you have heard my " Get FREE" talk and you know that the first thing we must do in order to be successful in anything is to FOCUS our attention, our energy, and our emotions and not become distracted and paralyzed by all the possible opportunities.

What are you going to focus on today? ...and what are you going to give to give up in order to do that?"

I find myself thinking about all the options, to the point where I will obsess over them and not make a decision. This is something I know I should fix, or do something about, but my inability to make a decision leaves me paralyzed.

Perhaps while I slumber tonight, something will come to me - either an idea or will power to try and make things different.

No comments: