Saturday, February 17, 2007

Photo of the Day

While I had other things on my "must photograph" list today, this is one of those moments that I knew that I had to take this photograph. I just love it! This crab sculpture is at the entrance to the famous Pier 39. Today, there was a You Tube convention milling around at this location while others were there to take in the warm, beautiful day at the Pier. Plus, who would have thought about having Tulipmania in February as other places in the US are under a deep freeze or digging out from the snow and ice that blasted through the Midwest and East.

I really do hope that I was not captured on any videos for You Tube as I had a messy run in with cajun shrimp bucket at Bubba Gump's this afternoon. It first started with a little drip on my purple shirt. I was hoping it would come out. However, after a struggle to peel the shrimp, I was splattered with cajun shrimp drippings all over my shirt. I would have laughed harder if the spicy dripping didn't land in my eye. Some day I will look back at the mess and laugh, but having to walk around with a messy shirt was not my idea of a great day out.

We did make it north to Point Bonita Lighthouse. The fog was threatening to blow in before we had a chance to cross the bridge, so we will have to go back to cross the bridge.

Enjoy!

No comments: